StorageSite | UCL Institute of Education |
Level | SubSeries |
Reference Number | GDS/12/14 |
Title | Nottingham High School for Girls |
Date | 1879-1998 |
Description | Papers regarding Nottingham High School, including original file list; historical papers; papers regarding the school premises; prospectuses; printed circulars; regulations; head mistress's reports; papers regarding distinguished old girls; papers regarding events; school magazine; correspondence and press cuttings. |
Extent | 2 folders. |
AdminHistory | Nottingham High School opened at 1 Oxford Street on 14 September 1875. The first head mistress, Caroline Bolton supervised 14 pupils. By 1880 the school had transferred to 9 Arboretum Street (Clarence Lodge). In 1885 the preparatory department was moved to 'The Cottage' on Arboretum Street. In 1921 the preparatory department was transferred to 13 Arboretum Street (Radnor House). 17 Arboretum Street was added to the school in 1933. At the out break of World War Two the school was scattered into rural areas. The school returned to Arboretum Street in 1944. The preparatory department moved to 19 Arboretum Street in 1945. |
AccessStatus | Open |
AccessConditions | Currently unavailable. |
Related Material | The main records of the school are still in the possession of Nottingham High School. Inspection Reports were also originally held in the file but were removed at a later date when the records were held by the Trust. A published history of the school can be found in GDS/23/2/11. |
Show related Persons records.