|StorageSite||UCL Institute of Education|
|Reference Number ||GDS/13/8|
|Title||East Liverpool High School (1891-1912)|
|Description||Papers regarding East Liverpool School, including a pupil register; staff register; and other papers.|
|Extent||2 volumes and 1 folder. |
|AdminHistory||East Liverpool School opened in 1891 at 83 Newsham Drive with 17 pupils under headmistress Miss Lucy Silcox. In 1904 the school was recognised by the Board of Education for Training of teachers. After 1900 numbers at the school began to drop especially after another municipal high school for girls opened in 1910. The school opened domestic science lessons for girls over 17 in 1911, but in 1912 the school closed and its pupils merged with Liverpool High School (later Belvedere School). The school building was sold in 1920 and the proceeds of the sale were used to rebuild Wimbledon School which had been destroyed by a fire. |
Show related Persons records.